Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Dim Sum Lovers, Please gather for a feast at Si Chuan Dou Hua




Even if you are not a dim sum lover, you will still enjoy the 50 dim sum items presented by Master Dim Sum Chef Wen Xin Wen. The nostalgic dim sum buffet feast popular during the olden days, such as the all-time crowd favourite Char Siew Bun with Preserved Vegetable, “Hakka” Dumpling with Turnip and various flavours of Casserole Rice are definitely a real treat.











Elegantly furnished decorations with a touch of Chinese art in the form of modern vases are pleasing for my eyes while I waited for my delicious Dim Sim to be served. Chinese green tea was served by the Tea Master who combines martial arts, dance and gymnastics in the traditional art of tea-pouring.



Established under the Pan Pacific Hotels Group since 1996, Si Chuan Dou Hua has come to be known for delivering excellent culinary experiences, bringing the delectable tastes of authentic Sichuan and Cantonese cuisine to the world.



The 50 dim sum dishes ( "Number 50 hmmm..., my guess is somewhat related to SG50" ) falls under the categories of cold appetizer, BBQ, soup, stream, pan-fried and deep-fried, porridge, rice and noodles and finally end with the dessert. As there are so many of my favourite dim sum, I shall only name some of them.



Stir-fried Beef with Bitter Gourd in Black Bean Sauce The tenderness of the beef is just unbelievable. It was even softer than fish and poultry. Again, I may be bias, you should try it yourselves to determine it's degree of tenderness. 



Stir-fried Baby Kai Lan with Minced Garlic. Another traditional dish which is well known dish in our local restaurants. Simple and yet well prepared.



Siew Mai with Diced Abalone. This is something unique. Not just the taste but the overall visual presentation of this Dim Sum is just amazing (I am not shy to say that my professional photography does help a bit in glorifying this dish). Well, something to order when you are at the Dim Sum feast.



Glutinous Rice Roll with Chinese Sausage. I ordered this because it seems exciting. The verdict : a rather smooth texture of minced Chinese sausage which is covered by rice roll. I love it. We are in heaven again !


Double-boiled Cartilage Soup. Our welcoming Dim Sum is this thick and smooth white soup.It provides additional collagen for our skin and body. Must try Ladies !



Homemade Bean Curd with Wolfberry. It may look ordinary bean curd where you can purchase at your local wet market but the combination of Wolfberry and Bean Curd brings out an unexpected heavenly flavour. Wolfberries are great for your beautiful eyes.



Promotion for Nostalgic Dim Sum Buffet Feast

UOB & HSBC Credit Cardholder dines free with every three accompanying diners from 1 Oct to 31 Dec 2015.
(Minimum four to dine)




Restaurant Details

Si Chuan Dou Hua Restaurant
PARKROYAL on Kitchener Road
181 Kitchener Road
Singapore 208533
Tel : 64283170

Websites : 




Personal Opinion

As for my personal opinion, I felt it is value for money for this Dim Sum Feast. With so many delicious dishes, it is just amazing and quite impossible to taste all the dishes at one sitting. Moreover, with the promotion, there is no reason not to try it out. I will be bringing my in-laws to try out the feast during this promotion period and to continue my Dim Sum journey Part 2. I am sure you will enjoy Dim Sum feast as much I do. Happy Dim Summing !


Enjoy the rest of mouth-watering Dim Sum Photos 
















Finally, we ended our sumptuous Dim Sum feast, with a cold dessert, Ice-cream with black sesame seeds topping relaxing in beautiful cocktail glass of bean curd. Simply heavenly ! Did I mention the word heaven again ? 



If you require an event photographer, wedding photographer or any other professional photography services, do email me ( Derrick See ) at see323@yahoo.com.sg . You can also message me at my  FACEBOOK account. To view my photos, click My Flicker Photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment