Monday, June 1, 2015

Celebrating Vesak Day 2015


Singapore has a multi-racial, multi-religion country. Today, 1st June 2015, Singapore celebrates Vesak Day.



Vesak Day is the most significant day of the year in the Buddhist calendar and is celebrated by Buddhists the world over. The day commemorates the birth, enlightenment and death of the Buddha and is a day of immense joy, peace and reflection.



The Vesak Day celebration happened in most of the temple around Singapore. I remember in 2012, I visited one of the biggest temple, Kong Meng San Phor Kark See Monastery. The photographs were taken in 2012 in the temple.




Different country celebrates Vesak Day on different day. Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Singapore have it on the 1 June 2015. Countries such as China have it on the 25 May 2015 while Malaysia was on 3 May 2015. The source of this information comes from Wikipedia























If you require an event photographer, wedding photographer or any other professional photography services, do email me at see323@yahoo.com.sg . You can also message me at my  FACEBOOK account. To view my photos, click My Flicker Photos

No comments:

Post a Comment